To be honest, the headache relief is my only thought when I have a headache. This could be detrimental to our long-term health. Headaches can be caused from many things, and some could even be life-threatening. Some headaches are more severe than others and may require more than an aspirin pill to be treated.
- Allergies: A sore throat and headaches can be caused by nasal allergies. This is because there are more secretions in the body hoping to get rid of the allergen. To get rid of this type head pain, there are three things you should do. To avoid allergic reactions, you need to first find out what you are allergic to. You will need an antihistamine if you can’t avoid it. There are many options, including over-the-counter remedies. You can also try lemon balm tea. To reduce swelling, you might consider taking an anti-inflammatory medication.
- Eye Strain: Our eyes are being abused by the modern age of text messaging, computers, and iPads. Many people stare at a computer screen at home all day. Then, they return to work and stare at a TV set. This can cause serious pain. It can also cause serious damage to our eyes. If you feel a headache at night, it is time to see an eye doctor. Special glasses can help you prevent pain and protect your eyes. While you wait for your new glasses, limit the time you spend staring at any screen. To ease pain, you can use a cool cloth or slice of cucumber to place on your eyes. You should also avoid using them for a long time. Although it can be boring, your vision will be worth it.
- Flu: A killer headache is one of the main symptoms. Add to that the fever, muscle aches, and other symptoms of the flu and you’ll be in complete misery. It is important to visit your doctor as soon you notice symptoms. There are medications that can reduce the severity and duration of the virus. You might also need medication to treat the fever and pain, as well as something to ease the symptoms of the cough. Eucalyptus might be helpful for both the headache and any coughing.
- Meningitis is a condition that can affect anyone. However, it is most common in infants, toddlers, and young adults. This condition requires immediate hospital treatment. It is deadly and can be fatal very quickly. You should look out for signs such as bruising, black marks on your throat, severe headaches and back pain, and high fever. It is best to get immunized against it.
- Migraines can be a serious problem, especially if there are triggers that can’t easily be avoided or if they occur just before an important event. There are medications that can be used to treat this problem. However, you might want to identify all triggers. Many migraine sufferers are sensitive to tyramine (an amino acid found in many foods, including aged cheeses). Ask your doctor for assistance in this area.
- Sinuses: Sinus infections can cause pain above and beneath the eyes. As they are swollen, you can often see their actual shape. When one strikes, I feel like a Star Trek Klingon. Although you may need antibiotics to treat a sinus infection immediately, doctors are less likely than usual to prescribe them. Instead, doctors will recommend that you take anti-inflammatory medication and drink lots of fluids. Garlic acts as a natural antibiotic, so I would add it to the list.
- Strokes: This is similar to meningitis and requires immediate medical attention. Call 911. Other than severe pain, symptoms include numbness, paralysis, difficulty speaking, and a droopy appearance.
- Tension: Tension and allergies are common causes. Although pain relievers can help with the pain, I believe a hot shower or bath is just as important. A neck massage can also be helpful if someone is available.
As you can see headaches can be caused many different ways, so popping an aspirin may not always be the best option. Don’t hesitate to consult a doctor if you aren’t sure what’s causing your pain. Once you have a diagnosis you can find a solution.