Many now are deficient in minerals and vitamins because of improper diet. Studies reveal that fewer than 32 percent of Americans consume the necessary servings of vegetables every day. Also, the American diet is comprised of a lot of sugar and not enough fruits and water.
A deficiency in essential vitamins and nutritional supplements can only spell trouble for the skin. If your body doesn’t get the essential nourishment for skin renewal, tissue repair and for its own organs to naturally moisturize, then your odds of getting acned skin, in addition to other health issues, will likely increase.
Vitamin A strengthens the protective tissue of skin aids in acne remedy. It decreases the production of sebum and operates in fixing the tissue which skin and mucous membranes are made from. It’s also a potent antioxidant.
Antioxidants are important and needed to help rid your body of toxins that have built up. A deficiency in Vitamin A can lead to acne! The Complex B vitamins are also beneficial in maintaining healthy skin through the aid of stress. Stress has been identified as a significant cause for acne for some people.
The B vitamins should be taken together. Thiamine is an antioxidant, helps circulation, and aids in digestion. Riboflavin functions with Vitamin A and is necessary for healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Niacinamide helps with the metabolism of carbohydrates in your system and enhancing circulation. Niacinamide shortage in your diet may lead to acne.
- Pantothenic Acid or B5 is a favorite for helping to decrease stress and is necessary for the adrenal glands to function properly.
- Vitamin B6, or Pyridoxine is essential for the proper function of your immune system and antibody production.
- Vitamin C with biofavonoids can also be called the”super vitamin” and may play an essential role in your acne treatment. Vitamin C is instrumental in at least 300 metabolic functions in our bodies, is required for tissue growth and repair, and flushes toxins out of your system. Vitamin C also improves immunity and protects against disease. If you have diabetes, check with your doctor for the dose that’s ideal for your body.
- Chromium, widely used for weight reduction also helps fight acne. Chromium should be obtained in an extra form since chromium in foods isn’t easily absorbed. Much of it is lost in processing and high doses of sugar cause the reduction of chromium.
- Zinc aids in acne treatment by regulating the activity of the oil glands. It promotes the healing in cells and helps to prevent scarring. Zinc promotes a healthy immune system which in turn helps in the healing of wounds.
A potent antioxidant that can help prevent the forming of free radicals, or toxins that can damage your body. Finally, Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant. It enhances healing and tissue repair and prevents cell damage by inhibiting oxidation of fats and the creation of free radicals. One interesting fact about acne can be mentioned that’s a multivitamin with additional chromium supplement will provide you most of what your body needs for daily.
It must be also noted that carrying too much of a vitamin or mineral may also be poisonous and dangerous. Read the recommended dosage and stay with it. With enough vitamins to your body, you’re assured of a well nourished body. Your body cells, organs and cells can perform optimally on the interior and you also get to see the benefits on a concrete level.