Women experienced menarche (first menstrual cycle) at a young age. Some people experience PMS every month; others, the mere idea of a monthly period was enough to make you uncomfortable. But because of this, we had been given the ability to bear children. As moms, we form a special bond with them which is tough to replicate. But as we age in premenopause, we’re confronted with a much greater monster: Perimenopause.
For some, this stage could last from a mere two years to a long ten years. Though comparative, nearly two-thirds of the populace of women suffers from moderate to severe perimenopause symptoms. Most women prefer to go organic.
Herbs for perimenopause are in abundance and can typically be found in local shops. These home remedy herbs do not contain estrogen, but they do have phytoestrogens which functions as weak estrogen. Also, recent studies have demonstrated that these are effective in preventing breast-tissue tumors.
When taken, these have no side effects, which is the reason why girls tend to lean more on these.
- Black Cohosh. When taken, this has the power to imitate estrogen. This also has the capability to balance hormone production during perimenopause and menopause.
- Black Haw. This is used to stop excessive menstrual flow. Also, this herb alleviates menstrual discomforts caused by an irregular menstrual cycle.
- Dong quai. Used by the Chinese for centuries, it regulates and balances hormone production.
- Gingko biloba. This not only enhances blood flow to the body, but also improves memory and treats the reduction of concentration experienced by some women.
- Rosemary. Originally called a spice used for cooking, this terrific herb keeps the mind invigorated to be certain that the brain works correctly.
- Chaste tree berry. Restores estrogen/progesterone equilibrium and counters hot flashes. It reduces the pain felt from menstrual cramps. Additionally, it has the ability to mimic fertility.
- Green tea. Aside from its anti inflammatory properties, green tea is also great for blood circulation and assists in preventing cancer. Also reported to regulate the menstrual cycle and reduce hot flashes.
- Red clover. This reduces hot flashes and it reverses the menopause in a much younger girl.
There aren’t many studies made of these herbs. It’s still advised that you go to the community herbalist or naturalist for a prescription on how best to mix certain herbs. Too much or too little of these herbs could have an adverse impact, so they would be of great support to you. But based on the girls who have found a whole lot of comfort in them, it will not hurt to try.