Excellence in motherhood has hit the newsstands! Have you ever heard of “Alpha Moms,” the new breed of multitasking trendsetters that are kid-centric, and who feel relaxed while juggling a lot of balls? Did you know that major companies, such as Procter and Gamble, and large entrepreneurs alike are wagging their tails and drooling over them?
Stay down now!
“Alpha Moms” is the most recent moniker made by Constance Van Flandern. ALPHA MOMS-INSTIGATORS OF CHANGE? Alpha Moms are instigators of change. But did you know that many Alpha Moms can also be Instigator-type (I-type) communicators?
- MULTITASKING EXPERTS. An Alpha Mom is happiest multitasking. Instigator communicators prefer to save valuable time to achieve more, such as talking on the telephone while working on the computer. Downside: Alpha Mom I-types are less comfortable asking for help when they run into an issue that can not easily be solved.
- PROGRESS-CENTRIC. An Alpha Mom is kid-centric and hands free, whether she works outside the house. Instigator communicators are progress-centered, love to solve problems, and embrace change as a means of life. Downside: Alpha Mom I-types may get rather impatient and frustrated, when their plans do not materialize fast enough.
- TECH-SAVVY HAPPY. An Alpha Mom enjoys finding out how new techno-gadgets work, since she’s power-centered and loves to control the center of focus. Instigator communicators are perceived as powerful character types by family and associates. Downside: Alpha Mom I-types do not do well with boredom and may be neglectful of the intimate partners’ needs.
- ENJOYS DEBATING AND WINNING. An Alpha Mother speaks confidently and easily wins debates, taking pride in being the first to accomplish a goal. Instigator communicators are world class debaters and exceptionally strong-willed spirits. Downside: Alpha Mom I-types are criticized for being overly stubborn and covering up their insecurities, and going after things at the expense of a connection to demonstrate their self-worth. 5. INFLUENCERS. An Alpha Mom is an initiator and founder of social opinion, of what is popular or ditzy. Instigator communicators consider in making listeners quickly come around to their view. Downside: Alpha Mom I-types are criticized for listening with just a half-ear, rather than including the remarks of the”silent, humble and shy” around the Communicator Table.
- CONFIDENT DECIDERS. An Alpha Mom makes her mind up, and thrives on sharing her perspective of how is the perfect way to go. Instigator communicators believe there’s a right way and a wrong way to push down the two-way communication highway. Downside: Alpha Mom I-types can be negatively perceived as one-way communicators that are control freaks, too pushy, self-centered, intriguing, complicated women who loudly talk over others.