The big day is fast approaching, and the energy of the moment sweeps you up. But does it carry your cheveux along too? Which stylist? Make bookings for consultations with more than one stylist well in advance and choose the one you feel most comfortable with. You need to be able to express your likes and dislikes without sentiment de awkward.
Que faire ?
- Long hair, shoulder length, or short hair? It’s important to consult with your stylist well in advance and make a decision. Long hair obviously gives the stylist much freedom for créativité but a skilled stylist can also work well with medium and short styles. Make certain to choose a length that fits with your personnalité et style.
- Have your hair compliment your wedding robe. This may be done by both style and accessories. Smooth, straight hair and pinned up curls are often paired up with smooth satin gowns, whereas a tulle dress often goes well with soft curls.
- Take into consideration your silhouette. If it’s along horizontal lines such as with a wide dress, you will want to stay with that regardez for your hair also. The same goes for a vertical profile.
- You’ll be spending plenty of time in the salon picking out the perfect hairstyle, so it is best to be ready. Make certain to wash your hair the night before your consultation, and try to have some pictures of styles you want to test out.
- Take a photo of your wedding dress along to your stylist. This will greatly help the process along. Also take your veil with you, and let the stylist know what sort of wedding you’re having: formal, informal, evening, daytime. Alternatively, consult with your stylist before deciding on your headpiece.
- If you’re interested in a new cut or color to your hair, do not wait until right before your wedding. Make the changes during the initial consultation with the stylist, so you don’t have any unpleasant surprises in the future.
- After you’ve decided on your style, be sure to walk around with it. Your wedding day is going to be a long one and you definitely don’t want an uncomfortable hair do causing irritation!
- Your veil length will have some influence on your choice of hairstyle. Normally, the veil is longer than the hair. It is often secured in back swept hair (for up dos) and it is essential to make sure that the style can hold the veil in place.
- What accessories are you going to wear? You will already (hopefully!) have your headpiece picked out. Flowers, pins, and beads can be used to bring an extra sparkle to your hair, and you can and should coordinate them with the rest of your jewelry.