Raw food is fresh, unprocessed food which hasn’t been heated beyond 115 degrees. It’s food that is composed of leafy greens, fruits, vegetables, sea vegetables, sprouted seeds and nuts. Fresh greens, fruits, vegetables and sprouts are the best sources of raw foods. Raw food contains essential nutrients such as phytochemicals, enzymes, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals.
Did you know?
Each one of these is required to allow the body to function at an optimal level. Raw food enhances the immune system, helps reduce cancer risk, aids in weight loss, increases energy, enhances memory, detoxification, digestion and elimination. Eating food which consists predominantly of uncooked vegetables, greens, fruit, nuts, seeds and a few cooked/steamed food is the best approach to give optimum nourishment for your body both brief and long-term.
Phytochemicals are plant chemicals responsible for characteristics like the color, odor and flavor of plants. Examples of phytochemicals include carotenoids, polyphenols (flavonoids, lignans, curcuminoids), chlorophylls and glucosinolates. They’re the most natural powerful anti-cancer agents in the world.
Fruits and vegetables
Which have very deep dark colours are rich in a flavonoid called anthocyanins. Anthocyanins are found in berries such as blackberries, blueberries, elderberries, strawberries, raspberries, grapes and cherries. They’re also found in some vegetables like eggplants, red onions, purple cauliflower, purple corn and sweet potatoes.
- Anti-cancer: Anthocyanins have been shown to decrease cancer risk in a lot of studies.
- Blood sugar reduction: Anthocyanins assists in lowering diabetes mellitus, cholesterol and blood glucose.
- Powerful Antioxidation: Anthocyanins are extremely powerful antioxidants that have been demonstrated to reduce of cancer by scavenging free radicals.
- Immune system enhancement: Anthocyanins help the body prevent and fight diseases by increasing cellular DNA repair.
- Blood pressure reduction: Anthocyanins help to decrease blood pressure, reducing heart disease risk.
- Detoxification: They help the liver in detoxification of toxins in the body.
- Anti-inflammation: They eliminate free radicals that lead to inflammation within the body.
- Anti-microbial function: Research shows that anthocyanins have potent antimicrobial properties.
- Alkalinity: They raise alkalinity in the body that’s terrific for maintaining homeostasis.
- Enhanced brain function: Anthocyanins enhance cognitive functioning, memory and stop aged related mental decline.
- Vision improvement: Anthocyanins have been shown to improve vision.
All these benefits demonstrate that anthocyanins are important for your body and essential to put in your diet by increasing your consumption of anthocyanin rich foods by eating more raw, dark organic vegetables and fruits. The point is, 1-2 handfuls of raw berries may very well help keep the doctor away!