As we enter the world we’re completely determined by our parents and our very survival is dependent upon it. Our instincts tell us when we’re hungry, once we will need to be changed and once we need our sleep.
Bond between mom and child
To communicate these needs to our parents we were born with the capacity to shout to get the attention we want. This is the beginning of the learning process because we’re both learning in the days, weeks, months and years after our birth. Our parents understand how to care for us by our interaction together and we know how to communicate with them to receive their attention.
There’s something quite special about the bond established between a mom and her infant. Women are really special in the way they provide care for their baby and they’re always very conscious of their infant’s needs and are extremely sensitive to them and they give all of themselves to caring for them. It all begins when a woman conceives and for the next nine months a woman goes through so many emotions and feelings because she conveys her precious baby within her body making sure everything goes right. It is really a miracle the entire procedure and girls are so brave and so beautiful when they’re going during their pregnancy.
I recall when Matthew was born and how excited and thankful I was given this superb opportunity of fatherhood. I recall as I think back to my youth how much my parents did for my sisters and I when we were young and how much they loved us. They always made personal sacrifices so that we would be given for so we would just know security and comfort. They made us feel protected.
I heard a lot from my parents and I want to share the exact things I heard as a child with my son. I call the main things we need to make a part of our daily life, Life lessons, and by following these ideals we’ll find our lives to be more fulfilling and our interactions with others more beneficial.
- Make it a point to smile daily.
- Love and respect your parents.
- Love and respect yourself.
- Respect your teachers.
- Find the joy and goodness in every little thing.
- Enjoy your college days and always strive to do your very best.
- Learn to listen well and always listen carefully before you act.
- Make it a point to read a book every chance you get.
- Do your homework first thing before you perform.
- Always stay cool, calm and collected no matter what.
- Bloom where you’re planted.
- Learn to go to bed early and to awake early.
- Learn to love everything and never take anything for granted.
- Always learn how to share with others.
- Never be afraid to express yourself.
- Always stay true to yourself.
- Learn to take on challenges.
- When things get hard always take heart and never give up.
- Learn to find things to do this make you happy and are appropriate to your character.
- Always cherish the memories of your parents and your loved ones that have passed.
- Always examine the positive side of things.
- There will be occasions when you’re feeling down and in need of assistance. Never refuse such assistance.
- Always make yourself available to look after others.
- Always remember proper hygiene.
- Learn to forgive and consistently show understanding and compassion.
- Learn to reach out and create friendships.
- Learn to love music and attempt to develop an interest in playing an instrument.
- Learn to speak another language.
- Learn to compliment others.
- Learn to love science and mathematics.
- Always learn how to follow the rules and always be security conscious.
- Learn to be in charge of your money.
- Never refuse to help someone in need.
- Always be polite.
- Learn to love art and attempt to develop the art of drawing it is a gorgeous thing.
- Learn to always treat everybody fairly and try to not play favorites.
- Learn to discover a sport you want and do your best to excel in it.
- Learn to be ready.
- Always put forth your very best effort.
- Learn to honor your employer.
- Always try to develop an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Learn to have faith in God and turn to him for encouragement and strength.
- Learn to get in touch with nature.
- When the time is right never be afraid to ask that girl to be your bride.
- Always learn how to communicate with others.
- Always make it a point to be honest and have integrity in all you do.
- Never let yourself be taken advantage of.
- When the time is correct and you and your partner have talked it always take it very seriously when planning a family.
- Always be accountable for your actions.
- Learn to live your life one day at a time.
- Never learn hate and bias.
- Learn to invest some time with the ones you love.
- Treasure your spirits.
- Learn to say thank you.
- Learn to always be productive and make your life meaningful.
- Learn to have patience.
- Learn first aid so that you can help someone in distress.
- Teach your child how to ride a bike.
- Learn to always be there for your partner and kids.
- Learn to think in yourself.
- Never allow your disabilities diminish your soul.
- Build upon your strengths and improve upon your weaknesses.
- Always keep a good healthy attitude.
- Never be afraid to dream.
- Treat everyday like it’s your last.
In creating a bond with my son and my loved ones are a few of the things I believe are important and worthy of discussion with my son. I want to educate him and provide him the knowledge that he wants to go forth into the world to live his life and be the best he can.