Candida is a fungus. It is a yeast-like microorganism that is naturally found in the intestines, mouth and other moist parts of the body. Normal conditions will keep it under control by friendly bacteria, which is the natural flora in the intestine that lives in a controlled, balanced relationship with candida. Incorrect diets that include high amounts of sugar and simple carbohydrates, acid-alkaline imbalances, excess use of antibiotics, birthcontrol pills, or weak immunity systems are all factors that can lead to candida overgrowth.
Particularly women are at risk from candida fungus. This imbalance can be disrupted by a weak immune response, irresponsible use or chemical douche, spermicidal agent, antibiotics vaginitis, or birth control pills. Vaginitis can also be caused by diabetes and pregnancy. Make sure you are treating a fungal infection before using any over-the-counter drug or herbal preparation. This is especially important for candida as it can lead to serious side effects.
Accuracy in diagnosis is crucial because candida can produce more than 100 symptoms, which can confuse even the most skilled medical practitioner. Treatments for Genital Yeast Infection.
Home remedies for Candida vaginitis can be found easily and will often result in a complete cure.
To treat candida infection, including vaginitis, you must first cleanse your body with detoxification. Toxins and other undigested foods can build up in the body and affect your health. Your doctor will recommend topical ointments once you have been diagnosed with vaginitis.
- The environment in which yeast thrives is damp. Keep the area well ventilated.
- Wear clothes that allow air to circulate freely. If you can, wear skirts instead of tight jeans. Avoid any polyester, plastic, or leathers. Get rid of all excess clothing once you get home.
- Cotton absorbs moisture, allows air circulation, and keeps your skin dry so stick with cotton pants. A panty hose with a cotton cut is also an option.
- Dusting powders are generally starch-based and are great for growing yeast cultures. Dusting powder should not be used in your panties.
- Avoid unnecessary contraceptive sprays, jellies, and chemical douche’s. Chemicals will only make the problem worse. Instead, use cool water because your vagina has natural self-cleansing properties.
- A mixture of vinegar and water is another natural alternative to a chemical douche.
- If you have vaginitis, avoid having sex. It can cause additional irritation to an already itchy area, and can lead you to contracting re-infection.
- Good hygiene and cleanliness will be a big help in the treatment and prevention if you have vaginal infections.
- Water is essential for your body to function properly. It is also a great detoxification tool. Get 8-10 glasses of water every day.
There are many herbs that can be used to treat candida. These herbs include oil of Oregon, grapefruit seed extract and tea tree oil. If you prefer yogurt, use sugar-free yogurt. It is a good idea for your intestinal health to re-colonize it using probiotics. A low-sugar and high-carbohydrate diet is the best treatment for candida infections. Reduce your intake of sugary and high-carbohydrate foods. These are fuel for the fungus, and the more you eat, the more it will grow.