There is nothing more debilitating than a Candida yeast infection. These infections can affect both men and women. They cause burning, redness and soreness as well as itching and slight discharge. You might want to consider an at-home remedy for yeast infections the next time you find yourself in this situation. There are many natural home remedies for yeast infections. However, not all of them work.
We compiled a list of five top home remedies for yeast infections.
- Garlic – Although we think of garlic primarily as an ingredient in Italian cuisine, it can also be used to treat yeast infections. However, the infection must not affect the vaginal or penis. For topical treatment, you can buy garlic paste at your local grocery store. This paste is then applied directly on the infected area of the body. After a few days, you should feel relief.
- Tea Tree Oil – This home remedy is popular for yeast infections. This oil is not only effective, but also affordable and easy to find. You can simply put four drops of tea tree oil onto a clean, dry tampon for women suffering from Candida of the Vagina. The oil works by inserting into the vagina. It also provides much-needed relief.
- Yogurt – Yogurt is a natural home remedy for yeast infections. However, yogurt (most types) has active bacteria, good bacteria. The good bacteria fights Candida by reducing or eliminating most symptoms.
- Licorice Powder – Although licorice powder may not be well-known as a natural remedy for yeast infections, it is quite effective. In a saucepan, combine one pint water and one teaspoon of licorice. Bring the mixture to boil. After 10 minutes, reduce heat to low. Once the mixture has boiled, strain it using a strainer to remove any liquid. You can use this home remedy to treat yeast infections by simply drizzling it over several days.
- Cranberry Juice – Cranberry juice is a great way to fight yeast infections. Unsweetened bottled or concentrated Cranberry juice is best. Continue to drink four eight-ounce glasses per day until symptoms subside.
Candida can be fought with the help of the acid in cranberries. Preventing yeast infections is the best option. To reduce your risk, wear loose fitting clothes, avoid antibiotics, and live a stress-free lifestyle. If you do get a yeast infection, natural remedies can often be used to treat it. If the infection persists, consult your doctor.