Acupressure is one of the best home remedies for sinus headaches. You only need to know your sinus points to use acupressure to relieve your pain. This home remedy for sinus headaches is easy to do on your own. If you do it correctly, you will get almost immediate relief. You’ll be glad that you tried it. I have detailed the steps in the points below.
- First, you need to know where your sinuses are. This is crucial in order to make this home remedy for sinus headaches work.
- This is why I recommend you lie down on a flat surface, preferably without a pillow.
- Next, run your fingers over your face and take note of any rises or falls.
- Now, let your fingers rest in the area above your eyes, but below your eyebrows.
- Feel the bone and feel for a notch.
- This space extends from the nasal bone towards there.
- Let your fingers slide down until they reach the depressions, if you can call them that. They are located on the opposite side of your nose halfway between your eyes and your mouth. This is the second sinus point.
- Now, you need to apply pressure to the sinus points.
- This is a dangerous task. Please use the softballs of your fingers only, not the tips which could have long nails.
- Apply pressure gently at first.
- You might feel a particular pricking sensation.
- It hurts, so you can stop right away.
- If you are not able to tolerate it, you might continue applying pressure until you are comfortable.
- Next, gently release the pressure and let it go. The pain will gradually fade away.
- Continue this process with the second sinus point.
- One thing to remember is that sinuses can become swollen if they are infected.
It is also a good idea that you rinse your nose with water. This is a great way to clear your sinuses and prevent a dust allergy. Simply hold a small amount of water in your hand, and cup your hands. Inhale the water slowly and dip your nose in. The water must only ascend your nose. Your breath can control the ascent of water. After that, exhale and let the water go. This process can be repeated several times. It may be difficult to snort the first couple of times, but you will soon master it.