You might be hesitant to try conventional treatments. This article will show you how to use home remedies for oral thrush. Depending on the severity of the condition, an individual with oral thrush might need to be treated at home for up to a week. Depending on the severity of the infection, oral thrush treatment can vary. Some cases of oral thrust can be treated at home, while others require antifungal drugs.
- Rinsing with saltwater: Mix half a teaspoon salt in a cup of warm, running water. Once the salt has dissolved completely rinse your mouth with the water.
- Good oral hygiene habits can reduce the suffering from oral thrush. Brushing twice daily and flossing once daily are good practices. To eliminate the infection, it is important to change your toothbrush often. You should not use mouthwash for too long as the mouthwash can cause damage to your normal oral flora.
- Yoghurt – Mix yogurt with live-acting cultures to increase your healthy bacteria levels. Avoid eating or drinking yoghurt for a few days.
- Garlic and Onion: Garlic and onion have anti fungal properties that kill candida. To eliminate yeast infections, increase garlic intake. Onions can help to heal white patches in the mouth.
- Cleansing thoroughly – If dentures are used, it is important to clean the mouth and dentures each night. You should soak the dentures in a cleaner overnight. Before putting them in your mouth, wash them well.
- Home Anti-Fungal Mouthwashes – Mix cider vinegar, warm water, and a pinch salt to make a homemade mouthwash that fights fungus. Be sure to get the solution to every corner of your mouth while you wash it. It can also be used to gargle the throat. Homemade mouthwashes are a great home remedy for oral thrush.
- Gentian Violet – This dye can be found in pharmacies, health food stores and other places that sell therapies. The dye is applied to the affected areas by using a cotton swab.
- Tea tree Oil – Add a few drops to a cup cold or warm water. For one minute, strain the water. The water should touch all parts of the mouth. However, it is important not to swallow the water. This should be done two times a day: once in the morning, and once before going to bed.
- Water intake is important for flushing out toxins, even those caused by Candida fungus. The body’s ability to function properly can be affected if meals are not taken on a regular basis. Unstable eating habits can also lead to Candida overgrowth.