There have been many cases of people experiencing different types of headaches at different times. It is important to be able to diagnose the problem by keeping a log of the events and the time the headaches occurred. Tension headaches are thought to be caused by excessive anxiety and stress. Keep a journal of any anxiety attacks or stress related events and work to reduce stress.
Για να δούμε...
Sometimes headaches can be divided into vascular, muscle contraction, tension, traction, and inflammation.
- Headaches: Today, headaches are so common that they are almost a daily part of our lives. Headaches are a common occurrence, often occurring at the same times each day. They can also keep people awake at night. These headaches can be very distressing for babies and young children. High blood pressure can cause headaches in many ways. It puts pressure on the blood vessels, blood circulation system, and other parts of the body.
- Tension headaches: These are also known as chronic daily headaches. They are the most common type among adults and teenagers. These muscle contraction headaches can cause mild pain that lasts for a long time.
- Migraines: Doctors are still not sure what causes migraines. However, they can be caused by blood vessel contractions and other brain changes. Migraine pain can range from moderate to severe, and can last for up to three days. It usually occurs between 1 and 4 times per month. Migraines can cause light sensitivity, nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, or abdominal pain. They are vascular in nature and can be preceded or exacerbated by visual disturbances, loss in peripheral vision, fatigue, and changes in the environment such as menstruation and emotional stress, sleep deprivation, or too much rest (vacation headache).
- Cluster headaches are the most common type of headache, but they can be very painful. Many sufferers report that the pain is so severe they can’t sit still and are often prone to pacing during an attack. The pain can be located behind one or more eyes, and it does not change sides. Cluster headaches can occur anywhere from one to three times per hour during a cluster period. They can last between 2 weeks and 3 months. Smokers are more likely to experience them than non-smokers.
- Sinus headaches can be caused by allergies, hay fever or cold weather. Sinus headache medicine has an ingredient that helps drain the sinuses and relieves the pressure that causes the pain. Sinus headaches can cause constant, severe pain in the forehead, cheekbones, and bridge of the nose. The pain is often accompanied by a sudden head movement or straining. It can also be accompanied by other sinus symptoms such as nasal discharge, facial swelling, fullness in the ears, fever, and feeling of fullness.
Although most headaches are not severe, they can recur over a prolonged period of time. There are many contributing factors to tension headaches, migraines, cluster headaches, and sinus headaches. Most likely, you fall somewhere between these types of headaches.