One of the primary causes of weight gain in girls is that the changes in their hormone levels and sedentarism. Studies reveal that roughly 90 percent of menopausal women experience weight growth between the ages 35 to 55. This isn’t surprising because weight gaining comes with the territory of menstrual and aging.
Gut zu wissen
Medical experts say that menopause occurs when a woman’s ovaries has stopped producing estrogen that’s responsible for ovulation and menstruation. Today, an increasing number of women that have menopause undergo weight gain because of hormonal changes caused by aging. Experts explain that with aging, the muscles in the body begin to decrease in bulk together with the slowing of metabolism.
This slowing down of metabolism together with reduction in majority of the body’s muscles leads to weight increase. Besides weight gain, menopause also contributes to loss of sexual desire or loss of libido, vaginal atrophy, and reduction or growth of hair in the face and head. Together with these demoralizing truths, it’s common that women that are experiencing menopause get rid of self-confidence and esteem.
But, it should not stay that way. With the support of science and contemporary researches, weight gaining through menopausal years may be solved. Fat gaining during menopause is as common as aging. Usually, women occasionally gain about 10 to15 pounds beginning on their stomach, to the buttocks, thighs, and rear. Studies indicate that weight gain on girls usually starts through their teenage years and will continue to pile up as they grow old.
For people who have experienced premature arthritis because of major operation or operation, they’re expected to gaining weight faster compared to people who haven’t. Due to the changes in their size or weight, a lot of women are beginning to dread the notion of menopausal. It’s strongly recommended to exercise regularly and eat to one’s appetite. Experts say that women need to be more aware when they’re entering the stage of menopause so that they could prepare for it.
Physicians say that girls should expect that as they enter the early stages of menopause, they would have trouble keeping their weight due to the fluctuation in their hormones. Due to these natural hormonal changes-that include testosterone, estrogen, and androgen levels-a man’s or woman’s appetite, metabolism, and fat storage are greatly influenced. Before sulking into a pit of depression, a woman has to know the motives behind it so that she can make the necessary adjustments.
- Hormone deficiency and lack of female hormones which slows down metabolism. Lack of estrogen contributes to excessive weight gaining since it alters certain parts of the body and significantly influences fat distribution within the body. You have to understand fat and estrogen distribution very well.
- Slow metabolism due to aging. As individuals grow older, their metabolism begins to slow down. One effective method of reducing energy consumption, women that are experiencing menopause are suggested to have a balanced diet consisting of whole grains, vegetables and fruits.
- Lack of exercise or physical activity. As women enter their menstrual period, they become more sedentary in almost everything they do. This inactive lifestyle leads them to weight gain since they’re not getting enough physical exercise they ought to get. If muscle pains are giving a girl a hard time to perform such easy and routine exercises, then she can try taking in vitamin and mineral supplement to boost her energy levels which contain magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc, chromium and selenium.
- Using hormone replacement therapy (HRT) may also be a large element in gaining weight. Although HRT is known to help give back lost female hormones, this therapy may also accumulate on the weight she has because it works. HRT has also been subject to serious warnings in their usage lately.
- Weight gain may also be tracked in increased food intake because of psychological problems like depression. Emotional eating or overeating because of frustration over weight gaining is also a huge factor that contributes to excess fat growth. Talking to friends and staying active are effective ways to fight back.