There are many options for treating yeast infection. You should carefully consider each one. Because yeast infection is a sensitive and private topic that is not often discussed openly, many people deal with it on their own. Home remedies for yeast infections are safe and easy to use. Candida albicans is the cause of yeast infections. They are most common in the vaginal area.
Did You Know?
According to some estimates, 75% of women will experience this condition at one time or another. Vaginal candidiasis is more common in women than penile yeast infections. Yogurt is considered the best home remedy for yeast infections because the yogurt’s healthy bacteria will replace the yeast-causing bacteria.
- Yogurt is rich in lactobacillus acidophilus, which is a good bacteria that controls the yeast population and restores the acidic/alkaline balance in the vagina. Yogurt can be used as a douche or taken internally through your mouth. You can also apply yogurt to the vagina using a spatula to treat yeast infection. Yogurt can also be used on a tampon. You will need to coat the tampon with yogurt. Before you go to sleep, insert the tampon and then remove it in the morning.
- Honey is another natural remedy for yeast infections. Take a jar full of clear honey to the bathroom. Then, use it to treat yeast infections. Spread the honey over the affected area and leave it on for about 5 minutes. After you’ve done this, you can take a hot bath to wash off the honey. You will feel immediate relief. The honey contains good bacteria, so yeast cannot survive.
- It’s antifungal to eat a few cloves of garlic every day. It is best to crush it and eat it raw. You can crush the whole clove and add it to a salad dressing, or into pasta sauce. A garlic clove wrapped in gauze can be inserted into the vagina. However, it is not recommended as this can cause stinging.
- A solution of two tablespoons white vinegar and a litre water, which can be used as a douche, will provide quick relief. Repeat this twice daily for two days. The yeast will find it difficult to adapt to the slightly acidic solution.
- Tea tree oil is known for its healing properties and can be used as a douche to treat yeast infections. However, it must be dilute before being applied to the body. Do not apply full strength tea tree oil directly to the vaginal region. Mix 1 teaspoon of tea tree oil with 1 teaspoon of a rubbing alcohol, such as isopropyl alcohol. Next, add 10 drops of this solution in a pint water. Use this as a douche once per day for approximately a week to rinse your vagina.
Yeast infections are a normal part of the body’s normal flora. They can affect people of all ages, and both sexes. Yeast infections can be caused by sugars, yeast, carbohydrates, and fermented food. Consider changing the foods and beverages you consume and getting more exercise.