You might feel like there is no other option for migraine prevention or treatment. Or that you are stuck with the headaches and other symptoms. Natural migraine relief is something you should consider if you are suffering from migraines. Here are some common migraine preventatives and remedies. The Mayo Clinic suggests that feverview, CoQ10 and butterbur are all possible treatments. Before you begin taking any of these medications, consult your doctor.
Some may interact with other medications, are not recommended for pregnant women or those breast-feeding, or are not likely to be beneficial for you. Your healthcare provider will also be able to tell you how much and when to take each treatment. One essential oil that has been known to reduce tension is lavender. This can help with migraine symptoms. If you feel the first signs of migraines, rub two drops of lavender oil on your temples.
You can also use several drops to help with headaches by placing them in a diffuser. This one is a good idea, but one should be cautious. Strong fragrances can trigger migraines in some people. Migraines can be caused by misaligned neck vertebrae.
- Chiropractic Care can be very effective if this is the case. The treatment may be repeated as often as once a week, but the frequency of these visits will decrease as the patient’s health improves. Natural migraine relief can be provided by both acupuncture or acupressure.
- Acupressure is a good option for those who are squeamish about needles or fearful. Find a qualified practitioner near you who will explain the treatment and answer any questions. Migraines can be caused by stress and tension.
- A therapeutic massage can help reduce stress and relax, which can result in fewer or less intense headaches. This treatment can also help with nausea.
- Biofeedback can help you monitor and control specific body functions, such as muscle tension or breathing. It can be easier than going to a massage therapist or other healthcare professionals to relax on your own. In many cases, you can do this anywhere you go, even at work or at the grocery store.
- Regular mindfulness-based meditation can provide significant migraine relief, according to many studies. Mindfulness reduces stress, increases natural pain relieving neurotransmitters, and alters brain chemical that is associated with migraines. Mindfulness not only relieves the pain but also improves one’s perception, tolerance, outlook on life, and mood. It can also increase one’s well-being.
Alternative treatments are not the same as Western medicine. This article does not claim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Talking to your doctor or another healthcare provider can help you pinpoint the best natural migraine relief remedies. You can also talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of each treatment so you can make an informed decision about your health.