Today there are 45 million American women who are postmenopausal. This amount is expected to grow by another 3.5 million from the middle of the next decade. The normal woman lives to age 77 now-a-days. Most women of the baby boomer generation will spend at least one-third of the life after menopause.
For these reasons girls must educate themselves to recognize the symptoms that occur, and the dietary or physical fitness aids that may be helpful during this stressful time. From age 39 to 49 girls are most likely to undergo skipped periods and early stages of hormonal imbalance.
From age 49 to 55, menopause symptoms are in their worst such as hot flashes, night sweats, weight reduction, and sleeplessness. Clinical studies have proven that exercise is an integral part of relief from those very unpleasant and sometimes painful problems.
Exercise increases your metabolism (helping to reduce weight reduction ), strengthen your muscles, grow your bone density and improve your cardiovascular endurance. Hip fracture rates for girls in the U.S. 40 and 55. By age 90, some 20 percent of women will have undergone a hip fracture. Postmenopausal osteoporosis is among the most disabling diseases facing American women today.
In terms of the distress, there are no miraculous cures.
- Natural Remedies – use an assortment of natural remedies advocated by other women.
- Phytoestrogens – increase the number of phytoestrogens in your daily diet. Phytoestrogens are plant compounds that are capable of binding to estrogen receptors. Consume more soy foods, flaxseed, flaxseed oil, fennel, celery, parsley, nuts and seeds.
- Vitamin E – in the late 1940’s many clinical studies found Vitamin E to be effective in relieving hot flashes.
- Vitamin C – many have discovered vitamin C successful in relieving hot flashes, nocturnal leg cramps, and nosebleeds.
- Botanicals – Black cohosh was popular by the American Indians for the relief of menstrual cramps and other unpleasant aspects of a woman’s monthly cycle, such as hot flashes, depression and vaginal atrophy. Ginkgo Biloba extract is also suitable because of its influence on the circulatory system. It improves blood circulation to the feet and hands.