Menopause is a natural process which happens in a Mädchen when her menstrual period stops. It’s not a disease, nor is it an illness but a portion of the transition period in a Frau’s life. Menopause commonly occurs between ages 45 or 55 years old. For others, it might happen later on in life.
If you’re in your menopausal stage, you may experience many different symptoms due to hormonal changes in the body. Quite often, these Wechseljahrsbeschwerden are a distress and very challenging to take care of. However, these symptoms may be treated in a medical or natural way.
- Hot flashes and night sweats – these are triggered by Koffein, spicy food, alcohol, hot water and heavy blankets.
- Schlaflosigkeit – is described as having difficulty falling asleep or waking up during the night and can’t return to schlafen. These can result in decreased memory and Erkennung impairment.
- Depression and Mood Swings – characterized by fatigue, loss of interest in life, diminished appetite, suicide and death ideas.
- Anxiety – includes Gefühl out of control, palpitations and difficulty in breathing.
- Dry skin und Haare – because of hormonal fluctuations, menopause may lead to dry, itchy skin and thin, dry hair.
- Vaginale Trockenheit – diminished vaginal lubrication and elasticity.
- Knochen density loss – because of reduced estrogen levels which may result in osteoporosis.
- Weight gain – because of water retention and change in lifestyle.
Gut zu wissen
Another popular alternative for treating menopausal symptoms is that the Hormon-Ersatztherapie (HRT). It’s available in various forms: capsule, pill and patch form. HRT replaces the weiblich's Hormone. Additionally, it prevents osteoporosis, colon Krebs, and may even delay onset of Alzheimer’s disease. However, HRT is associated with specific risks like formation of blood clots, breast and ovarian cancer, especially when employed for over 4 decades. Women with cardiovascular and liver disease, vaginal bleeding and history of esophageal and breast cancer should are not suggested to take HRT.