Itching skin all over? You should look into home remedies to stop itching. You are more likely to scratch an itchy skin if you have it. This usually only temporarily relieves the pain. Over-scratching can cause skin damage and infection.
Fangen wir an
- Apple Cider Vinegar has anti fungal, anti bacterial and antiseptic properties that will help relieve itching, especially if it is dry skin. You can also use it on pets with dry or itchy skin by adding a few drops to their bath. Use apple cider vinegar to treat a small area of skin infection. Organic apple cider vinegar is beneficial because of its beneficial bacteria and raw enzymes.
- Peppermint Leaves – This is great for itching after an insect bite. It provides cooling and pain relief. It is best to crush the leaves and apply it directly to your skin. You can also cool the crushed leaves by freezing them into ice cubes. Ice reduces inflammation and swelling. This can only be done with clean, filtered water.
- Aloe vera – This helps to soothe any skin irritation. It is especially helpful for sunburns as it soothes and reduces swelling. Simply remove a leaf from the plant by cutting it in half lengthwise, scooping out the gel and rubbing it onto your skin. The gel can be kept in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Oatmeal is another home remedy that can reduce inflammation and itching. Oatmeal can be added to your bath to treat chicken pox, eczema, and poison ivy. Fresh basil leaves also have an anti-itch formula. You can simply crush the leaves and rub them onto your skin to reduce itching.
- Baking soda – a common home remedy for itching relief. It soothes the skin and contains anti-inflammatory ingredients to neutralize the natural acid. TIP: Do not use baking soda to treat open wounds or sores. Place 1 cup of baking soda in a bath and add cool water. Then, soak in the bath for 30 minutes to an hour. If you don’t have baking soda, cornstarch is also a good choice. Apply a paste made of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water to the itch. You can leave it on for as long as you need.